An epic adventure in all things nerdy.

(Plus some zombies.)

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Past Contest Entries

Because I love to find new reasons to rationalize buying miniatures I'll never use for anything, I enter the miniature painting and conversion contests at my local gaming store Lost Shade, so here are some pictures of my past entries.


1st place in the October 2009 Reaper miniature painting contest, Pearl the Mermaid.


Picture
2nd place in the October 2009 Warhammer 40k conversion contest, we were given parts for a Necron warrior and told to theme it "Back to School." I chose to paint him in my school colors.




Picture
1st place in the September 2009 Reaper miniature painting contest, Kyla Bounty Hunter. Unfortunately her hand fell off right before I entered it and I had to do some hasty super gluing.

3 comments:

  1. Had you started a Necron army at that point or was that the figure that started you along that path?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @David: I already had about half my army at this point, I started buying Warriors back in May, 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you get the metallic effect on the mermaid's scales? Are they highlights or some sort of glaze? They look great on the Lost Shade site.

    I remember using metallic paints and opaques to create a pearl effect on armour years ago, but it didn't seem opalescent like that.

    ReplyDelete